Due to campus restrictions, all non-UF affiliated researchers requesting on-site access must first consult with public services personnel (email@example.com) for virtual/digital support before on-site visit requests can be considered.
The process for on-site access can be initiated by public services after virtual support has been exhausted and will require additional administrative approval. The researcher will be given an application to fill out. Once the application has been submitted, we will need 2-3 business days to review the request. If approved, the researcher will be contacted to set up a research appointment.
It is our mission to facilitate patron access to the materials in our collection in the safest way possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. For that reason, in addition to the usual guidelines for using Special Collections, we will also be adhering to the UF Health Screen/Test/Protect program campus-wide mandates, which include:
- Face covering over the nose and mouth– Required within all UF buildings
- Social distance – Keep 6 feet between people inside or outdoors
- Hand and surface hygiene – Wash hands and disinfect surfaces often
- If sick, stay home – Seek medical assistance if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
As part of the application process, visitors will be asked to complete the #IPledgeFlorida COVID Safety Pledge and attach the email which confirms you have taken this pledge to the application.
– All requests must be submitted in advance (at least 3 business days notice); we are not able to accommodate requests made once on-site or immediately prior to arrival.
– Materials stored off-site will take longer to retrieve and will require 10 business days’ notice.
– The stacks and other library reading rooms will not be open for browsing.
– Do not use hand sanitizer while handling materials, as it can damage them. Washing your hands with soap and water is a safer alternative.
These rules are in place for the safety of our researchers, as well as that of our faculty and staff and adherence to these rules will be required for entrance and access to the collection.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 352-273-2755.
Thank you for your patience during this time!